Going Green Together
We believe that we all have a part to play in preserving our future for generations to come, both locally and across the globe.
From the IBRO World Congress’ point of view, we think everyone has a role to play in maintaining a healthy and sustainable ecosystem. And even small actions matter! Therefore, we’ve taken steps to make the meeting more environmentally friendly.
IBRO World Congress 2023 and the Sustainable Development Goals
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs, also called the Global Goals) are 17 goals with 169 targets that all UN Member States have agreed to work toward achieving by 2030. They set out a plan for a world without poverty, hunger, and disease.
We at the IBRO Congress want to contribute to the achievement of these objectives in our value chain. We support and work toward the following SDGs:
Contributions you can make as an IBRO Congress Delegate:
As individuals and as a community, we can and should individually contribute to protecting the earth and its natural systems and resources and to sustaining the natural ecological balance of the ecosystem. Here is what we encourage you to do during the IBRO World Congress 2023 in Granada:
- Use the mobile app and the virtual platform (instead of printing) to inquire about the programme details.
- Use more sustainable ways of travelling to and around Granada. Granada is a very walkable city, with many public transportation options. If you are coming to the city from within Spain, we also advise you to choose a train instead of a flight.
- Opt for reusable mugs and bottles. We will make sure there are enough water fountains around the venue, don´t forget your bottle!
- Reduce the waste you generate and separate disposal.
- Opt for a vegetarian option when available and possible.